WTS Remington Model 8 "D" Grade w/Ammo & Reloading Supplies

Items for sale or trade
mattitude

WTS Remington Model 8 "D" Grade w/Ammo & Reloading Supplies

Post by mattitude »

With a very heavy heart I will be parting with my 1908 vintage pre-Model 8 Remington Self Loading Rifle "D" grade factory engraved rifle complete with 75rds of Federal 200gr RNSP factory ammo, 23rds of Hornady 200gr FTX LeverRevolution factory ammo, 40 once fired cases, about 275pcs 180gr. spire soft point projectiles & 3-die set. Caliber is the hard hitting .35 Remington. Overall condition I would say is very good as she still wears her original bluing but a previous owner added a recoil pad to the butt stock and there are 2 holes on the back left side of the receiver that was more than likely for some type of aperture sight but does not detract from the engraving.

She is scary accurate as verified by another forum member here whose son-in-law shot a sub-1 inch group @ 50 yards. I personally have printed 1 inch groups at the same distance with boring regularity and I was planning on hunting with this old girl. The trigger is excellent and the action is as slick as rubbing 2 wet ice cubes together and the take down feature is quick & easy to accomplish.

From my research the factory engraved rifles are extremely rare and finding one in ANY condition is a collector's dream. I believe the last "D" grade rifle for sale here was a refinish and was going for 2200.00 and didn't include any ammunition or reloading components, but I'm asking only *SPF* thanks Joe!! for mine. I would prefer a PayPal "gift" payment or a US Postal Money Order for the package.

Please respect my request to not ask why I'm selling my prized Remington because I know that I will never be able to replace her, so my reasons are very personal and an unavoidable situation. I'll be out of town from the 10th to the 17th but I should have limited internet access to check my e-mail and hopefully close on a sale. I'm offering her here as I know that she will be appreciated and will go to a great home. I really don't want to put her up on Gun Broker but if she doesn't find a new owner here then I will have little choice to go the GB route. The best way to contact me is through my e-mail (matt_lutynski@hotmail.com) as sometimes I don't get PM notifications. Anyway, here are some pictures and please remember that while I'm away I won't be able to take any new pictures so hopefully there is enough here to help with your decision.

100% disabled veteran
TSgt (ret.) USAF
5 Dec 1990-28 July 2008
AMMO IYAAYAS!