Rem 141 30Rem

Items for sale or trade
imfuncity

Rem 141 30Rem

Post by imfuncity »

On the 24hr CampFire: 141 Rem 30Rem http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread ... ost7708421
No dog in the hunt, nor do I know the seller - as a matter of fact he is about to be on my ignore list since he can't figure out how to write CA on an address label.

(As an aside, for those who don't know and/or have read the anti-CA garbage on the web, there is difference selling or sending a firearm to an FFL in CA then there is to send one to an FFL in one of the free states. Unless, the seller, were to take the unnecessarily step and pay extra for an unneeded FFL to ship it for the seller - then the FFL only has a couple of loops to jump through.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
panzerman

Re: Rem 141 30Rem

Post by panzerman »

I have run into an ever increasing number of sellers; FFL, C&R and no license folks that refuse to sell and ship to CA. If the weapon is C&R eligible and I provide a signed copy of my C&R what are the additional cost folks will incur by selling it to me in here in CA? My favorite listing is from guys in CA that refuse to sell to those of us in CA?????
[b]Ride, shoot straight and speak the truth "Jeff Cooper"/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed there is a lot of misinformation resurfacing!

There is NO additional charges for the seller/shipper to send a firearm to an FFL in CA - PERIOD. (Unless, they listen to the wrong people and ship from an FFL, then their FFL needs to contact CA-DOJ, get permission, etc.) All we (the buyer in CA) need to do is find and FFL who will receive from a non-FFL (which all FFL's should do).

As to CA folks not selling to other CA folks... nothing to be said for it other then they are ignorant and prefer to remain stupid. (Even had a gun store employee tell me it is illegal to buy firearms on the internet.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
panzerman

Post by panzerman »

I am not a conspiracy theory guy, usually, but it does seem that the amount of misinformation is intentional and/or used as a scare tactic, rather effectively, in Cali as well as those outside Cali who might be inclined to sell to us?? So to make sure I am tracking; if I buy a C&R weapon from a FFL 01 or C&R guy outside of state there is no additional fees for that guy to sell to me correct? I have been told between 20-40 bucks more and more frequently, especially off GB. If he is a non licensed guy there still should be no issues as long as I provide him the same paperwork (signed license) that I would for an FFL fellow?

Thanks for your time,
J
[b]Ride, shoot straight and speak the truth "Jeff Cooper"/b]