Thin the herd

Items for sale or trade
Roger

Thin the herd

Post by Roger »

I may be thinning my herd slightly. If you're interested in JMB designed guns ,this may be your chance to aquire some new pieces. Not just rem-8/81 s. Please email me if you are curious. I'll let you know what i'm considering to do.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Re: Thin the herd

Post by Roger »

I still have some unique pieces. for sale. Contact me if you're curious.
Thanks
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Post by Roger »

A member with the name Curtis sent me a message three wks. ago that i just found now. I do have some M-81 s for sale. If you're still interested email me at raw4555@ gmail.com
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
gcp

Post by gcp »

Roger, I am interested, I'll send you an email through my yahoo email.
gcp
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Hey Roger.

My deal on the 98k is nearing completion (should be today/tomorrow) and then we can get the ball rolling on your "working parts gun" - man, I can't wait!

First "accessory" I will be getting is Bob's Pro-Tool set.

My buddy Dave will have the "prettier" Model 8, but I will at least have one to work with to catch up and eventually out-shoot him!

OK, that's an unfair comment. I only said that because my glasses prescription is not as "bad" as his!! LOL

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Adam, I think I told you already, but I'll repeat it here.This m-8 -35 Cal. is a fine shooter now. And my vision isn't too good! I've talked again with my Ffl dealer friend, and all we're waiting on is your next move. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

Roger wrote:Hey Adam, I think I told you already, but I'll repeat it here.This m-8 -35 Cal. is a fine shooter now. And my vision isn't too good! I've talked again with my Ffl dealer friend, and all we're waiting on is your next move. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks,
Roger
I copy!

About to leave for a gun trade; I will be back in touch no worries.

thanks Roger!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Re: Thanks Roger! Nice Model 8!

Post by Adam Lee »

Roger,

As I've mentioned in my emails with you, I have gone through several weeks of very tough days at work. What a payoff to have acquired this old Model 8 from you - it is exactly what I had hoped for. Ironically, I won't have it in my hands (so to speak) until this evening. I was "delayed" Saturday on my FBI/State Police automated background check, due to the extremely high volume of gun sales (there are always plenty of weekend gun shows here in Virginia) and my FFL guy finally received an approval yesterday morning.

It was kinda funny. I went on over to Charlie's (my FFL and newest gun friend) Saturday morning to get the transfer done, and enjoy my new purchase of an old gun. While we waited for the electronic background check to complete, following the usual red tape to fill out, I inspected the Remington inside and out - well, actually, all I did was break it down into barrel assembly and action assembly halves, but you get the idea.
Wow! I am pleased as punch. Dave (racing junkie here on this forum) might have a "prettier" Model 8, with less swiss-cheesed holes drilled in his gun, but I don't care one bit. I see plenty of potential in her, just waiting for me to take on a new refinish project. Also, very glad the barrel jacket is a later model with the sling swivel screw mount hole. I always prefer a sling, without having to butcher anything up.

When I get some good sun I will be snapping some pics, you can count on that! Dave and I will be taking our Model 8's out together for a shootfest soon enough, as well. Thanks again for a great gun, and helping me acquire my "first" Model 8, Roger.

V/R
Adam Freeman
Roger

Post by Roger »

I'm sure glad you are happy with it,Adam. It will shoot well for you i'm sure. Have fun with her.
Thanks
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Roger and Adam Lee, Glad you made the deal and everyone happy. For the future you might consider that with most of us here "new" acquisitions to our collections qualify as curio and relics. A C&R license eliminates alot of the hassle with dealing with FFL holders,background checks,and the extra trips and gas to pick up the firearm.Any firearm manufactured prior to 1963 (50 years old or older) qualifies as a curio and relic. That certainly takes care of the 8`s and 81`s. If you collect military arms the same 50 year or older applies with the caveat that the arm be in its original configuration unaltered.This of course eliminates custom sporters derived from say a 98 mauser. I acquired a C&R license some years back and believe me the $30 fee for three years has been paid for many times over with the saving in time and gas to go to a dealer and have to fill out paperwork and pay his fee for the transfer. You also have the added benefit that if you are visiting out of state you can make a purchase legally via the license without involving an FFL for a transfer. This may not be gospel but with the current climate in D.C. and talk of background checks for all private sales it might be a good idea to acquire a C&R .I would hope if such a disastrous measure is taken that the C&R license holders would be exempted from it.
To learn more go here:
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curios-relics.html

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

All, I neglected to add one thing. Should you choose to make an application for a C&R license it will help you if you have a current valid hunting license for your state. Hunting license`s are automatically run to see if you can legally own a firearm and you will be asked on the application if you have one.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

You have two good points, Joe. I have been forever considering a C&R, yet never been in the position to have felt the true "need" for the license. Mainly it is because I have always maintained a low number of guns in my "collection" (which routinely seems to rotate over the years), and until the last 5 or so years I have owned more "modern" than antique weapons.
However, your thought process has given me pause to reevaluate the notion. My hobby has been moving backwards in time for at least 5-10 years, with my interest in black powder guns and military bolt action rifles. Even my interest in pre-1950's semi-auto pistols, revolvers, and wartime shotguns could easily justify my purchase of a C&R license.
Your other point about how a state hunting license can also assist with the C&R process amongst other benefits is well taken. Here, and I'm sure in many (pro-gun) states, a hunting license that is issued by the state gets you in to places to shoot in state-managed wildlife/forestry areas.

Yes, I do think it would be wise to follow this path.....now, should I explain this logic to my wife? LOL

Adam