FBI 81 on GB

Items for sale or trade
uhjohnson

FBI 81 on GB

Post by uhjohnson »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =307138605. i have never seen one of these on the block but have seen POE's go for 6,000+ dollars, so i think this will hit at least 5,000. what do you think.
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
Sarge756

Re: FBI 81 on GB

Post by Sarge756 »

Perhaps I missed noting something in the photos or the description as to this being a FBI gun. Only mention was when seller alluded to the use of this type firearm by law enforcement and the FBI. That being said it appears to be a close to mint 81 and is fetching a pretty good figure right now with a few days left on the auction.
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

I gotta be missing something...? :o All those bids...? What's behind the curtain? Based on my read and the pictures that is just a very nice 81, nothing special, plus it has 3 extra holes! :shock: :?:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
texassako

Post by texassako »

I saw the neat sight, cased, and that I don't have one in .30 Rem the other day, and then noticed the bids were up to $1000. Sure enough, it has a bunch of the features listed here: http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/?page_id=867 for an early FBI model.
Roger

Post by Roger »

The factory roll-stamping on the left side of the receiver has been moved over ,so the Lyman sight was factory installed. I don't know any thing about FBI guns but I do know that the receiver sight was factory installed,otherwise part or all of that roll-stamping would be covered up. I hope this at least clears up that aspect.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Thanks for the post. After reviewing our "sticky" I`m a bit more educated. Glad I didn`t come across this one at a gun show before with a $2000 price tag on it.I would have passed thinking it was over-priced. You know your guns uhjohnson,I see this one topped $6000 and was sold.Anyone here the new owner?
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
81police

Post by 81police »

That was a very collectible FBI issued Model 81. And WOW at the condition it is in. I don't know with absolute certainty, but I suspect it drew the amount of money it did because that case is probably an original FBI case. Hot item!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Rem8&81

Post by Rem8&81 »

Cam is correct, that was an original and correct FBI case. Also of note are the seven slots in the case which are meant to hold the FBI preloaded stripperclips. These cases are extremely rare, In 30 plus years of collecting, my father and I have only come across one other than this one which recently sold. These cases match the FBI Tommy Gun cases which are more common, but if you think this gun is expensive, try pricing one of those.
[color=#004000]COREY CREAMER[/color]