How many mistakes can we find?

Items for sale or trade
imfuncity

How many mistakes can we find?

Post by imfuncity »

Saw this on GB, first thought, great price for an old one:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =303012652

Then I thought, this is like one of those kid's pictures, how many mistakes can we find?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
texassako

Re: How many mistakes can we find?

Post by texassako »

I am no expert, but I did not know Bubba could work that kind of magic on anything but milsurps. I wonder why they blued the barrel itself? And you gotta love the 2x4 pine forestock. The seller seems to be giving full disclosure, or at least disclosing the visible problems.
Rem8&81

Re: How many mistakes can we find?

Post by Rem8&81 »

Someone please post a picture of this gun in the Ugly Duckling/ Bubba Joe Special photo portion of the site. The issues were so numerous with this rifle it would be easier to list the few positives. It does have an original rear sight, an original buttplate and the "bonus", a 30-30 stamped barrel. Of course, most of that is devalued or ruined by Bubba's reblue. I can tell you why he blued the actual barrel; anyone who thinks you have to sand the wood down to the point of leaving it well below the metal inorder to refinish it, is the same fool who couldn't figure out how to take the barrel assembly apart, so he dipped the entire thing. The part that has me stumped is why it sold for $400 when there are often rifles availble for that amount which have original non-sanded wood, original blue, original parts and Bubba hasn't had time to destroy it. There is an old saying which says something about "A fool and his money...." No offense to the buyer, but there are lots of good members on this site who could have helped the buyer with some valuable advice.
[color=#004000]COREY CREAMER[/color]