Rem 81 on gunbroker-30 cal.

Items for sale or trade
Roger

Rem 81 on gunbroker-30 cal.

Post by Roger »

Just noticed a nice m-81 in 30 rem. Claiming it's mint condition.It's an early gun,8000 range. A few things look not quite right to me though. Is it too good to be correct? The pics aren't clear enuf to tell too much. It's on gunbroker right now. I'm just asking some opinions here,cause I don't have an 81 in 30 rem.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
DWalt

Re: Rem 81 on gunbroker-30 cal.

Post by DWalt »

I see three flaws, but there may be more - receiver is tapped for scope mount (six holes), sling swivel studs on forearm and stock, and rubber buttplate. Otherwise, it seems in average good condition for a M81. But it's definitely nowhere near being in the collectable category. I think $300 is about right, if not a bit on the high side. That assumes I'm looking at the same M81 you refer to.
Roger

Post by Roger »

I'm sorry. I forgot to include the auction #. I'm not able to put the direct link in my post. I'm new to the computer@ don't know how to do it. Auction # is293108371
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Rem8&81

Post by Rem8&81 »

I think you found a nice early 81. I'm sure DWalt was looking at the other one listed and he is right about all the issues, not much collectible about that one. However, the one you pointed out looks good if it is all original. It is difficult to tell in the dark photos, but if I had to gamble, I would say it is right. I think the early beavertailed 81's are worth slightly more than the later 81's, obviously far less of them and some would say more unique looking. It's currently priced well below the Blue Book value. I see guys pay $400 to $650 on GB for lots of none collectible 81's, where as this one has condition and collectibility if indeed original. There will always be lots of junk available, but true 90%+ guns will always be collectible and are getting harder to find. Good luck, I hope you get it.
Last edited by Rem8&81 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#004000]COREY CREAMER[/color]
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks Corey, for your evaluation. I just thought it looked too good,but the pics are dark and too far away to tell a lot.I'm actually not much of a gambler, but i'm prolly gonna bid on it anyway. Maybe he's offering an inspection period.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com