GB Listed 8C?

Items for sale or trade
Rem8&81

GB Listed 8C?

Post by Rem8&81 »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =285311315

Although the rifle in the listing is a nice looking rifle, it is not a factory "C" grade as most of you can already tell. The checkering pattern is incorrect and the stain and finish are also incorrect, probably redone when upgraded. The worst issue is probably the fact that it appears the rifle is an assembly of two seperate rifles as the serial numbers on the two halves do not appear to match. Although the rifle is in nice condition, unfortunately these issues along with the non-factory checkering not only do not increase the value, but greatly reduces the value. Aside from the tang sight, the rifle from a collector prospective is worthless, but it is probably still worth 1/3 his opening bid from a shooters perspective. My intentions here are not meant to bash another man's rifle, rather to clarify what is actually listed for those who may have less experience with factory custom guns. I've already had two model 8 collecting friends email asking what they were looking at, so I thought others might also be confused. I hope the owner lists it properly on the relist.
[color=#004000]COREY CREAMER[/color]
imfuncity

Re: GB Listed 8C?

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks for the post and info - needed to be said.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

Corey as always you know your stuff, spot-on assessment. Hopefully this will better help out any fellas here interested in the gun. Your comments are very appreciated and respected.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

Glad to see a Creamer on here!
Bob outbid me on a stripper clip on Ebay in the late 90's, them emailed me that he would sell me one of his. Really nice gesture. Still have it. Also got me into the RSA, which ultimately lead to me finding the "old site and Packmule, which lead to this site.
Thank you all for what you do to keep the Model 8 and 81 knowledge alive!
War Eagle!
Rem8&81

Post by Rem8&81 »

The owner of the gun shop who is selling the rifle was very quick to correct his listing. He is no longer calling it an 8C, has listed it more accurately and reduced his price dramatically. Unfortunately, the previous owner misrepresented the rifle to the seller. It is still a good looking gun, probably a great shooter, just not an original collector's piece. It will probably find a buyer at his new asking price.
Rem8&81

Post by Rem8&81 »

The gun sold to a single bidder for $600. I hope he didn't think he was getting a steal on a factory deluxe. I just hate seeing guns sold which are not accurately described and have someone buy them under false expectations. It had a nice tang, looked good and probably shot well, so not too much for a nice shooter if that was the buyer's intentions.