8 in 300Sav?

Items for sale or trade
imfuncity

8 in 300Sav?

Post by imfuncity »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =273099304
Price is right plus no reserve - an 8 (w/ cheeks!) in 300 Savage, isn't that like an 81 in 25Rem... maybe but? :?: (Don't have access to my Hendwood right now.) Seems if it started as a 35Rem, it would probably be good to go....?

Clint, you SAFE to do a look-see without bring it home? (Not likely? :twisted: Me neither if I were close.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
ctgodog

Re: 8 in 300Sav?

Post by ctgodog »

That is a very rare specimen indeed....don't think I would be interested if it was across the street!!! But, it could be a good shooter.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Fellas,

I asked the seller for serial number and barrel codes. It was sent back to the factory for something and my guess it was for a barrel change. The barrel code is XTT3 and the serial number is 17655. The ones done by the factory seem to be okay but I try to stay away from non factory modifications. I hope this helps with your decision.

Regards,

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks Jack. Seems like a reasonable deduction - rifle built in 1910, 1948 "repaired" (or at least returned to the factory) - the hot cartridge at that time would indeed have been the 300Savage.

Now, do you have a cure for my finger - it keeps itching when hovering over the "enter" button, all symptoms indicate I have a bad case of Jackitus! :oops:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Short of sticking it where the sun doesn't shine, :shock: I am afraid you are doomed. :lol:

Jack
Western

Post by Western »

Imfuncity - tell your wife / significant other / significant pets / bank manager that I have given you specific permission to purchase this odd model 8. Reserve Sarge's solution for something more extreme, like trying to purchase Capodimonte porcelain on Home Shopping Network.