Rem 14, .32Rem

Items for sale or trade
imfuncity

Rem 14, .32Rem

Post by imfuncity »

A Rem 14, .32Rem - not familiar with gun or seller, nor do I have an interest in the sale - just noticed it posted a few minutes ago by a fellow non-super-bowl-watcher:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread ... ost6137341
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Wildgoose

Re: Rem 14, .32Rem

Post by Wildgoose »

That's indeed a nice example. But at over $500 with shipping and transfer costs added its too rich for me. These old rifles have taken a jump here of late, seems the interest in them has increased and so have the asking prices. From what I have seen so have the Model 8 and 81 guns. Glad I picked up a few when I did.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Wildgoose wrote:That's indeed a nice example. But at over $500 with shipping and transfer costs added its too rich for me. These old rifles have taken a jump here of late, seems the interest in them has increased and so have the asking prices. From what I have seen so have the Model 8 and 81 guns. Glad I picked up a few when I did.
:shock: +1 :D
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Western

Post by Western »

To back this up - there is a Model 8 rusted out and sadly abused on Gunbroker for 600. Considering my pristine model 8-C1907 was 50 dollars at a pawn shop, that is huge.

A rusted model 8 would be worth around 100 to me. It would be a nice project gun. If the barrel is shot out it could be relined, and some of the parts can be turned out by a machinist. Then you duracote it and you have a shooter. But at that expense to repair, it is not worth the 600 clams plus transfer the owner is looking for.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Western wrote:To back this up - there is a Model 8 rusted out and sadly abused on Gunbroker for 600.
Indeed she needs a nice home, :cry: I'd double your "bid" just to be charitable and get the old girl off the streets. :)
mr mike

Post by mr mike »

Went on GunBroker.com looking for that 600 dollar beater but I couldn't find it. Perhaps its gone?
Anyway I did find something of interest that I thought to share

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =271876907

A fairly nice looking model 8 in 35 cal. The serial is 50903
Just for fun I looked the serial up in Henwoods Remington 8 book. On page 90 under
"model 8 serial numbers by date, 1920- 1936", I located model 8
serial 50904 which was manufacture May 31 1923. Thought that was rather neat to
spot that bit of historical info.
Sure wish these rifles could talk. :D
mr mike

Post by mr mike »

Oop's found the rusty beater,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =272729352

I notice you can buy now for $800. :shock:

You know funny thing I just bought my 2nd model 8 a few days ago.
One of the most beautifull model 8's I've ever seen ( I'm still a newbe)
After reading Mitch's (AKA imfuncity) post,

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2181&sic

I decided to go for it before the
price was bid out of sight, so I did the "buy now" thing. Really happy I did.
the rifle is all original, with matching serial numbers.
I really got lucky. I was fortunate imfuncity posted when he did.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =269167732
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Mike....You gotta be careful getting involved with Mitch.He promotes "Jackitus" and once you catch it there is no cure. I know he is lurking in the background waiting for me to snap up the Mod14 offered on 24Hour Campfire. I am tempted but have strayed too long and promised I would get back to Model8/81`s. The one you bought tempted me also.Had I not just put a third custom mauser in the safe I would have gone for it. From the photos and your description you look to have done well with that one. Hope you enjoy shooting it.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Western

Post by Western »

Before I became a professor and took a 70% cut in pay, I used to buy and sell guns (many I wish I still had). I owned an M1 whose serial number I tracked down to a 1/7 Marines issued on Guadalcanal (thanks to the NARA archives), and a Mod 37 from the same unit it Vietnam.

Now, I have been forced to scale back. I keep a list of my planned acquisitions. If one of my planned buys shows up when I have money, my wife is receptive (she has VETO power), and the prices and quality is right, I swoop down. Mostly I sit and watch wonderful guns go by.

Luckily, I have started to live through you guys and your collections.
81police

Post by 81police »

Sarge756 wrote:You gotta be careful getting involved with Mitch.
I wish somebody would have told me that long ago ;) :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

That is a nice looking Rem 14....the purchase price is now $435 as of yesterday...and that includes shipping....

After looking at all the 14's and 141's on gunbroker, I feel very fortunate to have gotten the Rem 141 in 35 Rem that I did for $455...it is all original and very pristine, with a deluxe checkered stock and forearm. I have never seen any other 14 or 141 with a stock and forearm like it. After very close examination, it appears to be original factory wood, with original factory butt plate. Very pleased with it.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

And... my wife wishes someone had told her about Mitch almost 43 years ago - oh wait we were talking about guns. Ah... she wishes that I had had a life when I got my first gun (an M8) then maybe there would have been some restraint.... Huh? Beats me, no idea what she's talking about, figure it's some sort of female thing.

Now back to our regularly scheduled ______itus:
Here is a beater that I had dibs on last night, but I passed as I have two but mainly so I could tell my wife I passed on one! :twisted: http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ub ... a_Truck_Qu
A browning that I'm still hovering over:
http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ub ... _44mag_F_S
And, the 14 that Joe or Clint needs (so I'm no longer tempted by it!):
http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ub ... /6146459/1
Then there is the....

Oops, I'm sorry what were we talking about again? :lol:
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

This proves I have resistance..........The price on the 14 in 32 Rem is $395 as of 30 minutes ago.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Augggggggh, I don't want to know this - someone buy that 14! :twisted: Clint, you only got one. Police81, last I heard you didn't have any? Jack, don't you need to start a new Rem collection?
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

HECK NO :!: :!: :!:

Jack
81police

Post by 81police »

imfuncity wrote:Police81, last I heard you didn't have any?
you are correct, my 8/81's might get jealous

imfuncity wrote:Jack, don't you need to start a new Rem collection?
hahaha, now that's just cruel Mitch, you know Jackitis can lie dormant for hours, days, or weeks then pop up again!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Going on Gunbroker this afternoon starting at $5, with no reserve.....here is your chance Mitch.

Gun"BROKER".....the more I look the "BROKER" I get....now I get why they named it that!!!

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
Western

Post by Western »

A gentleman is offering 6 Model 14s for sale on Gunbroker, sans pictures, buyout only, all in 30 cal. Limited details on the arms.
Western

Post by Western »

I sent him the following message:

Can you provide pictures and details on each of the six model 14s you have for sale. A group photo would be excellent for comparison purposes, but also it would be nice to know the serial range for each weapon.