Stith M8/81 mount for 7/8" Alaskan

Items for sale or trade
imfuncity

Stith M8/81 mount for 7/8" Alaskan

Post by imfuncity »

I post this with fear and trepidation: FleaBay #160629614161 Stith mount for Rem 8/81, for 7/8” Lyman Alaskan scope. I was fortunate enough to come by the scope with great glass and have been waiting and watching a long time for the mount for one of my three 5-holer rifles.

But, I do not have deep pockets, plus I will be in the hospital for kidney stone surgery when it closes. So, if it goes over my limit, I will try to post here and let everyone know that I’m out - my Fleabay handle will appear as “a*****r (40)” . If I can’t get it, I sure hope someone else on the forum that needs it can.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
imfuncity

Re: Stith M8/81 mount for 7/8" Alaskan

Post by imfuncity »

My own fault but I’m really ticked. Auction was still two days away and I really wanted it but… things didn’t go as expected in surgery when I finally started to come back to reality the auction had been closed for two hours! Hope someone here got it and can enjoy it – IMHO it was a steal.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
imfuncity

Above and beyound

Post by imfuncity »

I’ve been trying to think of the right words and I just can’t find anything but THANKS. Sarge756 had PM’ing me to see if he could help me get the Stith while I was “out” but I wasn’t connecting too well even before and didn’t give him much to go on. But he went ahead anyway, I’m sure having a desire and use for it if I didn’t want it. Now, I hardly know what to say, except like the others I’ve interacted with on this forum he is one exceptional guy that I’m privileged to call a friend. Thanks Joe.
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

True friends do thoughtful things like that....looking out for each others back!! Very thoughtful gesture....!!!

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

5-hole Stith
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... NA:US:1123
Amazing that this one comes on so soon after the other. But if all goes well today, after several years of waiting and watching, I'll finally have both rifles outfitted with the mount to match the holes and the scopes I have. :D
81police

Post by 81police »

hope you score this one Mitch :)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Thanks, I did. (Even wore a mask!)

It's on the way, I'll get them both mounted and pics up - hopefully before Jack starts in on me for NO pics. ;)
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Whoa there big fella. :o Why would I ever possibly mention anything about pictures after I was treated so nicely about the hog pictures. :lol:

I am really glad that you got both of the Stith mounts, Mitch. Joe and I had exchanged emails while you were in the hospital and he was trying hard to get the mount for you. I looked myself, but I couldn't find the listing. I will email you about the scopes used for these mounts because I need to get a couple of scopes for myself. It appears there is more than one style that will work with these mounts.

Take care and I will wait to see the nice pictures. :roll:

Regards,

jack1653