Parts find

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
9.3shooter

Parts find

Post by 9.3shooter »

Was over to my FFL guy today to pick up a Uberti Schofield and we were talking about Rem 8's and he asked if I had or needed any parts. He dumped out some parts from a tray into a bag and said here.
Not sure all the parts are for a Rem 8/81 but some are for certain.
IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2049.JPG (318.47 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
81police

Re: Parts find

Post by 81police »

yessir jackpot!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Not a bad haul. :)
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Yes indeed it is a "jackpot" and a "good haul"!!!!! Appears you have most of the major action working parts minus the trigger assembly, bolt, and assorted springs. Wonder what caliber the buffer spring and the barrel/shroud nuts are for? Wonder also if the parts were cannibalized from some rifle with bad stock, barrel, receiver, and/or barrel shroud being there is only one each of major parts for the most part?
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

Dont know. FFL is/was a semi pro 'smith as well and I imagine over the years he probably worked on a few of these, he is about to retire, pushing 82 years old now.
Been doing $25 transfers for me for years, in fact up until a few years ago he only charged $15!
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Seemed interesting that the parts ya got were as though a person dissembled a 8/81. None of the parts repeat themselves as far as I see. My FFL guy is approaching 80, runs a old time gun shop that is real homey. Easy chairs, table in one corner where almost every day you can find up to 6-8 BS'ers sitting around. His wife furnishes goodies from time to time. Owner doesn't care if ya stop in just to talk, of course sooner or later he sells us all something. Good prices on everything (cheaper than anyone or any business in the state from my and others observations). Only charges his regular customers $10 on a FFL transfer. Bad thing is he's talking about not renewing his FFL next year. :cry: