Gunsmith recommendation?

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
MackLegacy

Gunsmith recommendation?

Post by MackLegacy »

Any smiths you can recommend in the GA, SC, NC, central TN area familiar and trusted with Remington autoloaders? I have a new 81 and an autoloading rifle I'd like gone through thoroughly. My normal gunsmith says he truly dislikes working on them and it wouldn't be cheap to get him to do it! Nice guy but super busy and is able to be choosy on jobs he takes. They just aren't as common down here and I've already struck out making a few calls. The idea of shipping them somewhere just makes me too nervous!!! Thank you for the help
Sebastian21

Re: Gunsmith recommendation?

Post by Sebastian21 »

The model 8 and 81 action is a very simple action. It is a very easy action to take down. You can easy take out the trigger guard and magazine and just hose down with a good gun scrubber. The barrel jacket is a but more difficult but unless the gun has been badly neglected they usually do not need maintance. Just pull the barrel back out of the jacket, it will come out about 2 inches under spring pressure, hold and spray down with WD-40. There are two good videos on the internet showning how to take down.
Phyrbird

Re: Gunsmith recommendation?

Post by Phyrbird »

Phyrbird
SOKY