Well it didn't turn out half bad

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
savagebrother

Well it didn't turn out half bad

Post by savagebrother »

Bought it off of GB and the seller grossly miss represented that there were problems with the rifle.
My first reaction was to demand my money back he balced and since I paid him with a post office money order I filed a complaint with the FTC and I emailed a copy of it to the seller. He changed his tune. In the mean time I took the rifle totally apart and after cleaning the bore I had after thoughts.
The bore is mint, shiny, sharp rifling. Had some surface rust for a rifle this age but not as bad as I first thought. Well I only payed $400.00 for it but it was the principal of the thing. Well I figured what I needed to fix it and I emailed him if he sent me back $125.00 I would keep the rifle and give him a good rap on GB but that he needed to say that his guns were as is and that he didn't know if they would work or if they had parts missing or broken inside. He agreed soooo I got the parts I needed and it's turned out pretty good. It's getting a weaver side mount put on it and I have a Waco weaver V7 wide angle to go on it. My old eyes can't see the irons that well in low like any more. Now for the sad mofo that actually ores on this rifle before me. I think he thought the magazine came out thru the top of the receiver !!! Bottom of it looks like he hit it with a ballpeen hammer. The follower spring was broken in half and the rifle hadn't been cleaned in I don't know how long the safety was broken and rusted in place. Deesh it sickens me every time I think about it.
Here it is now. And some of the bad parts.
SB

Image-45CC-8020-D2BCD8AE7C14_zps6sftbmnm.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Johnhalf

Re: Well it didn't turn out half bad

Post by Johnhalf »

Can't wait to see the "after" pictures. Glad she found a good home.
"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." Jeff Cooper
savagebrother

Post by savagebrother »

ok finally got her all done scopes mounted and she's ready for paper or deer or coyote or what ever sticks it's head up!!! LOL be heading to the range shortly.
SB
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

I saw that one, glad to see another restoration. I often wonder how the ebay guys can strip all those rifles for parts to sell.
Phyrbird
SOKY
81police

Post by 81police »

ready for action!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator