Some questions about front and rear sight combinations

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
Adam Lee

Some questions about front and rear sight combinations

Post by Adam Lee »

Guys,

I apologize in advance but I keep putting up with the ever changing internet and how the heck I can share images.... :evil:

I have some 81's and an 8 that I would like to "optimize" in terms of matching front and rear sights for proper compatibility, so that the front "post" or blade if you will is the right height for a stock style rear elevator sight. I want to try and post some pics, when I return later today I'll try some more but here is my first try.

The "frankenstein" LOL Model 8 in .35 I got from Roger (I do love the gun!) has a Marbles front sight marked "45W" on one side. I don't know if it is properly mated to a stock rear sight or the caliber - and don't have many rounds through the gun to know if its point of aim should be at "x" yards and so on.

pic:
Last edited by Adam Lee on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Re: Some questions about front and rear sight combinations

Post by Adam Lee »

And this is the Williams sight that had been used on the rifle when I got it from Roger - since replaced with a stock rear sight (jacket mounted) for your reference:

pic:
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Adam Lee

Re: Some questions about front and rear sight combinations

Post by Adam Lee »

So here's a Marbles Full Buckhorn from my new/old Krieger .300 Savage. I want to properly mate it with a front sight on another 81 .300 I have.

pic: