How does one find Jim Greene?

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
In The Ten Ring

How does one find Jim Greene?

Post by In The Ten Ring »

I've been to both his website and his FB page and there is no number. Now on his website, there is a number to a place where he used to work.

I'd like to get my Model 81 fixed and I have a Browning Auto 5 question for him.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: How does one find Jim Green

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

I was told that Jim Green's Down East Gun Works was out of business completely now.

If your looking for a good gun smith that is familiar with the Remington Model 8's & 81's, you can contact Mike Ryan at his email address: mikeryangunsmithing@yahoo.com or visit his website: http://www.mikeryangunsmith.com

Mike is a good friend of mine and I recommend that you contact him. He is a straight forward, honest gentleman with integrity. His phone number is (810) 348-4112

You can also contact Jim Green in Bangor, Maine directly. He can help you make a positive change:
email address: http://www.jimgreencounseling.com/

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
81police

Re: How does one find Jim Greene?

Post by 81police »

Jim now works for Wiley's Sport Center up in Maine. The number there is (207) 667-2511, I'm sure you could ask about Jim's services.

I heard that Jim still planned to open another shop at some point.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
In The Ten Ring

Post by In The Ten Ring »

Jim Greene is now retired and impossible to find. I have called the gun store where he used to work three times now. The last time, today, the man said "Mr. Greene is now driving a truck."
81police

Post by 81police »

Jim was always an off-the-grid, off-the-radar kinda guy. I remember we talked for over an hour once about gun stuff. Anyways, I sent him an email, maybe he'll get back to me. If he does I'll let you know.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator