stuck trigger group pin

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
lucas555

stuck trigger group pin

Post by lucas555 »

Hey guys got my great uncles old model 81 .300 sav. really nice gun i love shooting it and plan to use it gently for years and years.

Although im having problems disassembling the trigger group to get the receiver out and clean. Their is a little pin below the safety lever that will not come out for the life of me. I used a small tooling hammer with lots of pb blast and then moved to a light dead blow hammer. So im at a lose for how to continue. any help would be greatly appreciated
h.charlie

Re: stuck trigger group pin

Post by h.charlie »

I Don't know if you have tried pounding it out from both sides but i found on model 8 that one side is smaller then the other, but the correct way to get the pin out is with the apropitiate sized punch and hammer, mine only needs a couple small taps to do so
lucas555

Post by lucas555 »

I have the correct sized punch, but this rifle hasn't been disassembled in probably 50+ years
lucas555

Post by lucas555 »

well i got the pin out after a fit of rage with the raiders losing. I just need some help reassembling
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Try this: :ugeek:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buster_cha ... 42/detail/

I found it to be helpful...

Welcome and good luck ;)
Phyrbird
SOKY
lucas555

Post by lucas555 »

this should suffice for reassembly thank you sir. I am still weary to take the bolt apart though