broke firing pin

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
olskool

broke firing pin

Post by olskool »

i just got my model 8 in 35 i took it over to my range and Click, the firing pin is broke. i dissambled the bolt. midway has a pin but i do not know if it is the correct one. it is made by glend gun parts, and the have no info on the midway site and the pin looks different than mine. mu gun was made in 1933 it has the 1911 style pin. this is my broke one. can someone help?
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
Sarge756

Re: broke firing pin

Post by Sarge756 »

You might give Jack First, Inc a call for the correct pin. They show it as part # 212 in Book #13 page 416. Their number 605-343-9544 Mon thru Fri 9am/6pm mountain time. The young lady that will answer the phone will know what you are talking about.
If not available and you don`t locate it here you may have to have your old one fixed.Is it missing the tip? If so a good smith should be able to repair it. Good luck.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
olskool

Post by olskool »

thank you for the info Joe, i will call them monday.

Mike
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

I don't know if you have the correct pin or not, but over the years I have made up new pins and also welded new pin tips on numerous occasions with lots of different guns, so it can be done. I have even threaded two pieces together (new front and old rear). Having a lathe, or access to one, helps greatly. But in most cases, I knew the needed dimensions first. Replacing with a new pin is best, but it can be expensive.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

This may help you out. There is one for sale on the gunbroker site. We have purchased items from these folks in the past & we were pleased with the entire transaction.

The auction listing link is: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =353114271

This firing pin will work well for you.
Good Luck & Enjoy Life, S and S HUNTCLUB
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Foxy is still "going out of business", he missed his calling should have sold furniture.

I and others on here have purchased from him, seems most of us were sort of satisfied. My purchase of his "last of the 8/81 parts" was a bit bogus. And, the stuff I received was reasonable close to what he described. I'd probably do business with him again if... he only had the part I needed, I saw a complete set of pictures for each part, and it was the specific part I was getting... because he often does have the part at a reasonable price.

Glad S and S HUNTCLUB had a good experience.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine