Barrel Nut Washer

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
jack1653

Barrel Nut Washer

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I found another first, at least for me. Last week it was the wood spacer with a split metal ring embedded in one end that was used in lieu of the buffer spring. Yesterday it was the barrel nut washer. This washer was in one of the Police models and the washer has the grooves for the barrel nut on both sides of the washer. The number of grooves is different on each side of the washer. I find it kind of interesting because the washer could be turned over to match the number of notches on the barrel nut.

Have any of you found a barrel nut washer as I describe during the cleaning of your rifles or a wooden spacer in the older model 8's?

Regards,

jack1653
Roger

Re: Barrel Nut Washer

Post by Roger »

Jack,it's great to hear from you .I wonder if the barrel nut washer could be an after market part from yrs. Ago? Maybe it was available readily back in the day, but not common enuf for us to see many today some 60 /70 yrs. Later.Just a thought and opinion. And by the way I've never seen either part yet myself. But really, doesn't the washer sound like a good idea? It almost makes me want to ck. Into it to see if they could be made up today. Especially since those washers are so hard to find @ there are so many combinations today. I've been lucky enuf to find what I needed when I needed one, but it's not easy that's for sure.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com