General User Helps for the M8/M81

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
imfuncity

General User Helps for the M8/M81

Post by imfuncity »

OK, here we go. I've labeled this "General..." figuring later we would add PFC, Sgt, Lt ... no forget that! ;)
But, because there may be a need to add more specific "Helps" topics later on.

Cam did a great job getting this started with the manual's common problem pages.

Now it's time for the hands on fix-it folks to step up and help us all out with their tips and tricks:
Like, Cam's "turned bolt"
Jack's removing the barrel nut screwdriver
45Guys socket for removing the barrel nut
Loose barrel adaptor ... etc.
Those are just the ones I can think of real quick, that have come up recently - lots more on here.

So...
If you have posted something that has helped someone with a common problem, please re-post it here.
If someone has helped you with a tip or trick, here is the place to re-post and tell us how it worked for you.
And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention PICTURES, did I say pictures? - Yes, pictures! They really do help us not-so-handy guys and those of us who are afraid of just jumping in without some visuals to get us back out!

And Cam, fix me! (and this post), if this is not what you had in mind. :mrgreen:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
45guy

Re: General User Helps for the M8/M81

Post by 45guy »

45Guys socket for removing the barrel nut
Nothing more than a 19mm deep well ground to fit the bushing, and a hole drilled through allowing the insertion of a drill bit to remove the barrel nut.

"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."