New guy Old M8 Man

New Member Introductions
RJSPORT

New guy Old M8 Man

Post by RJSPORT »

Hello from Nebraska. I just found this forum last night and had to pop in. My collection of M8/81 is down right now but over the years I have had 8 of the grand old guns from 25 to 300 Savage. Currently I am down to one 35 Remington M8 and a 300 Savave M81. I genwealy build muzzleloaders but somehow got hooked on the "Worlds Ugliest gun". Do all my hunting with cartridge guns with the M8or my Krag both shooting cast bullets.
imfuncity

Re: New guy Old M8 Man

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome aboard Cornhusker. Warning, the ugly duckling is still alive well - as addicting as ever.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

welcome aboard RJSPORT! We'd love to hear about your experience and knowledge of the Model 8 & 81's.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey RJSPORT,

Welome aboard. It is good to get some guys who have experience with the rifles. I notice from some of your postings that you must be heavy into re-loading. I am sorry to hear that you only have two of the rifles left in your collection. I would like to see some pictures and hear the year your rifles were made. I am trying to find two years and regularly ask the new guys for help in trying to locate a 1933 and a 1943. Maybe you can help.

Regards,

jack1653