Shortening the barrel on a model 8/81

New Member Introductions
yzerfan99

Shortening the barrel on a model 8/81

Post by yzerfan99 »

Hi,
JUST ANOTHER MODEL 8/81 COLLECTOR WHO LOVES THESE OLD GUNS. I DO HOWEVER HAVE A QUESTION TO THROW OUT THERE. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO DID A BARREL SHORTENING JOB ON A MODEL 8. i THOUGHT i SAW IT IN THE FORUM SOMETIME AGO. THEY SHORTENED THE BARREL DOWN TO 17" AND WOULD DO THE CONVERSION FOR ANYONE WHO WANTED IT. I FOUND A GUNSMITH SPECIAL MODEL 8 AND WAS CONSIDERING HAVING IT DONE. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED. tHANKS...
imfuncity

Re: Shortening the barrel on a model 8/81

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome aboard.

This will get you started on the "carbine" thing: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41&start=10

Pete - 2verpsters, is "the man" making these happen,. He also converts a regular fixed mag rifle to a detachable Police if you have the mag.

Enjoy
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
yzerfan99

Post by yzerfan99 »

infuncity...thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know where one might find one of the police magazines? Thanks again...
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Unfortunately NO on the police mag - these guys that just "keep finding them" I think they have a hidden underground supply source! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=637

But, if I find one, you are next in line. :o
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
yzerfan99

Post by yzerfan99 »

Thanks for keeping me in mind. A shortie with an extended magazine would sure look sweet. :P