If you need me (forum administrator)

New Member Introductions
admin
Site Admin

If you need me (forum administrator)

Post by admin »

Please just go to the RemingtonSociety.com and click the service desk and send me mail directly, I keep it running but I don't often check for messages...

David.
aumudrun

posting, login problems

Post by aumudrun »

When I type out a post, or reply, After viewing it, the screen goes back to login? what is the problem
81police

Re: If you need me (forum administrator)

Post by 81police »

aumudrun,

This used to happen to me as well. It has something to do with your internet settings b/c if I moved to another computer let's say at work, I did not experience this problem. I would not just get logged off The Great Model 8 after signing in, but any other forum sites. Strange yes.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I know this sounds silly, not insulting anyone's intelligence don't this a few times myself ;)
But also make sure your hitting the submit and not the preview...
pjs

Post by pjs »

I can't find "service desk" at Remington Society. Does their website still work? I have been trying to join for at least a year now and never get the confirmation email. I can't find any way to contact someone for help and advice there. When I try to log in it says "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator." How does one do this if you can't log in?
Pete
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Thanks Cam & others for cleaning up the spam/ad/malware from our site.
With all the nasties, :( hackers, :oops: and anti second amendment :o out there you guy(s) have your hands full keeping us free of issues.
I hesitate to guess the backup routine alone. :) Like I said we appreciate your diligence.

Carl WS
Phyrbird
SOKY
81police

Post by 81police »

Thanks Carl. I changed the security questions and that seemed to stop the spam bots. Always feel free to email me if you see one get through before I do!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Sebastian21

Post by Sebastian21 »

I have 20 model 8,s and I shoot 3 on a weekly basis. I want to get one made into a carbine with the 17" barrel. Is the person who did yours still in business and would he convert one of mine into a carbine. George Frazier
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Cam,
The Hacks are at it again, popups and hyjacks to other sites.

Carl

Hey send me email so I can let you know without having to do an hour of malware cleanup, please...
Phyrbird
SOKY
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

Sure wish I could stay logged on instead of having to do it every time I go and come back. Cam said just click the 'stay logged on' button, but I dont see one anywhere.
Bullpupone

Post by Bullpupone »

FYI, the link to "Model 8 & 81 sights and scopes" in gallery apears to be broken
marmaladebastard

Post by marmaladebastard »

I've been through the same experience in the past. It seems to be linked to internet settings because when I switched to a different computer, like one at work, the problem disappeared. It's not just getting logged off from The Great Model 8 after signing in, but also experiencing the issue on other forum sites. The strangeness of it all adds an extra layer of mystery to the situation. Anyone else encountered a similar issue or have insights into the root cause?
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

admin wrote: Mon May 31, 2010 1:45 pm Please just go to the RemingtonSociety.com and click the service desk and send me mail directly, I keep it running but I don't often check for messages...

David.
I can't find the service desk. Am I not looking in the right spot "homepage?"

I'm looking forward to seeing the spammers and less than desirables removed from the forum.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Cam
Just a heads up, I've got about a dozen per day emails from the forum that there are new posts in the General section. Plus a half dozen notifications with Cyrillic or Russian characters in the text. We might be targeted by some new hackers. Hope some air head Yahoos don't cause us trouble.
Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY