New member from WA state

New Member Introductions
9.3shooter

New member from WA state

Post by 9.3shooter »

Hello from western WA. New guy here. Dont currently own one of these neat rifles but on the hunt for one. Years ago I had an 81 in .300 Savage, liked the rifle better than the round, it went down the road for other pursuits.

So saying hello and look forward to looking over the site.

Had to get Cam to help me register as no matter what I did the software or whatever didnt like the cut of my jib. But here now! :D
Hibby83

Re: New member from WA state

Post by Hibby83 »

Welcome to the group.

Good luck in your pursuit.
81police

Post by 81police »

Welcome! I'm sure you'll soon find the 8/81 you're looking for! :D :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

Thanks guys, it was this rifle that saved me from dropping $7K on an Ohio Ordnance BAR! For my range access being a county run range and most plinking spots gone with the wind, it really didnt make much sense, and besides some say these rifles are ugly, but to my eye they look just fine.

Looking primarily at this point for a .30 Rem. I had a Rem pump a few years ago in this cal and still have brass and dies so it only makes sense to stay with what I have most of.
Had a .300 Sav 81 some time ago but it didnt really thrill me, the round mostly.

I got a copy of the Henwood book the other day and a nice book it is, with lots of things I never heard of about these rifles, very interesting.
81police

Post by 81police »

Love the Ohio BAR's! Super cool.

But, like you, I tend to think long-recoil 8's and 81's are even cooler :D :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator