Draken says hi

New Member Introductions
Draken_J35

Draken says hi

Post by Draken_J35 »

Hello guys,

I've recently inherited my grandfather's Model 8 in .30 Remington, and would like to learn more about that model, since I'm not too familiar with it (I collect mostly combloc-type weapons, I've got 4 AK variants, two Mosins, a SKS, a Makarov, a CZ 52 and a CZ 75 waiting for me back home).
As you may have guessed by then, I'm not new to firearms at all, and just only know the very basics about this gun in particular.

Thanks in advance for having me over, I'll make sure to take pics as soon as I come back home.
Hibby83

Re: Draken says hi

Post by Hibby83 »

Welcome to the forum!

Look forward to your posts & pictures.
81police

Post by 81police »

We love pictures! Welcome!!!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Draken,

Welcome to the forum. You can learn about anything regarding your Model 8 by reviewing the various threads that are on this forum. If you want a book about the Remingtons, I would suggest you get a copy of John Henwood’s book about the model 8 and 81. It is a good resource and has a lot of information.

If you have a specific issue, just ask and I assure you that we will respond. A lot of guys with a lot of experience and varying opinions.

Regards,

jack1653
Draken_J35

Post by Draken_J35 »

Thank all of you for your messages! Amazon doesn't deliver where I live, but I'll order the book to my parents' address in Kansas and read it as soon as I I get there. Meanwhile, Google is free :lol:
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Howdy Draken--Welcome to the forum from Iowa.