Greetings from Michigan

New Member Introductions
cmdrico7812

Greetings from Michigan

Post by cmdrico7812 »

Hi all, I am a new member from Michigan. I just purchased a Model 8 that I think was manufactured in 1920, (it doesn’t have the newer Remington serial number stamp, but the sequential number fits about 1921).

My father recently passed away from a short but fierce battle with lung cancer, he was 67 and I’m 39. I remember him talking about this gun when talking about hunting as a kid so when I saw one for sale I wanted to grab it. He was a police officer for 43 years. I’d really love to add the 15 round magazine to the one I have so bring together his love of hunting and his role as an officer. Can the 15 round magazine be fitted to a standard Model 8? Thanks!
jack1653

Re: Greetings from Michigan

Post by jack1653 »

Hey cmdrico7812,

The short answer is yes. I have made conversions on both the model 8 and 81 in every caliber. The rifles function very well. You may want to check some of the threads that have been posted on the forum. If you do a search under the topics of “conversions” and “detachable magazines” on the main page of the forum, you can learn more about the subject.

Regards,

jack1653
JediWing19

Re: Greetings from Michigan

Post by JediWing19 »

I am also from the Great Lake State and purchased my first Model 8, .30 cal, last week and hopefully will get my hands on it this week. Looking forward to shooting it and adding it to my collection. And looking forward to all the potential helpful information from the supreme beings on this site and board!
Thanks
Chris