New Member Introductions
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Hello from tennessee. Bought my first model 8 about a week ago. 1907 .35 rem. I'm hooked and already found a model 81 in .300 savage. I have questions about reloading if any one could help I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, Schofield
rcb

Re: New member

Post by rcb »

Nice! I am new here as well. Did you find yours locally? 35 remington seems to be a sought after chambering in these rifles.
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Found mine from an individual in Utah. Just got in from shooting it. Somehow I shot a 5/8 in group with the open sights the other day but can't seem to repeat that. Most groups are about 2 to 2 and 1/4 inches but I'm working on that. Got a 300 Savage Model 81 coming in about a week, can't wait.
rcb

Post by rcb »

I literally just won an auction for my first one. Sort of an accidental click. One of those click first, looked closer later things. If I don't go back to work soon I may go broke for more than one reason, lol. Mine's a bit of a fixer upper I think. We'll see when it comes in. I wish I was aware of these rifles earlier. I've been a fan of the Model 11 for a long time. Never realized there was a rifle counterpart more or less.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you guys may be getting a touch of “jackitis”😃😃😃. Not to worry, much. It will definitely hit your pocketbook. There are a group of good guys here that can answer most question that you may have. A lot of your questions can be found by checking the various threads located on the forum.

Check this thread to see what happens when “jackitis” really gets you!!

http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety. ... 3d4a74c9f9

If you can post some pictures of your rifles, we would love to see them.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653 (the first jackitis victim)
rcb

Post by rcb »

Wow, now THAT is a collection! that's a life time of collecting I'd imagine. I'll be excited to get mine in. I know at a minimum I'm going to have to figure out the magazine. It was setup for a removable magazine but no magazine comes with it. I'll make sure to put up some pictures and get experienced eyes to look it over.
81police

Post by 81police »

Welcome Schofield! And yes, watch out for symptoms of "Jackitis" it strikes fast and as you can see is unrelenting! Any uncontrollable urge to buy more and more 8/81/FN 1900's around here is referred to as "Jackitis"! :mrgreen:
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Not very computer savvy so will someone tell me how to post pics. Thanks, Schofield.
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Btw, absolutely awsome is all I can say about that collection!!!