New Member with a model 8

New Member Introductions
Mecanik

New Member with a model 8

Post by Mecanik »

I bought a model 8 built in 1914 in .30 Remington and I've been researching it roots and history. I will try and get some photos and post them in the future. It's a pretty rifle with the pistol grip, no checkering but in really nice condition with a perfect bore. Appears to have been carried around hunting but hardly ever fired. I found some reloading dies for it and loaded a few rounds with various loads. I think it would be a hoot to go hunting with a bunch of guys that are into historical firearms like this.
Bandersnatch

Re: New Member with a model 8

Post by Bandersnatch »

Howdy!
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
81police

Post by 81police »

Welcome welcome! :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
MinnesotaDan

Post by MinnesotaDan »

Welcome. 30 Remington is a really nice chambering for your first Model 8. Emphasis on the "first", there will, in all likelihood, be more. Enjoy your fine rifle.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Welcome---Love the 8/81 Models, have two 81's, both 300 Savage. Like them for their historical history and lore. Have the same love affair for Savage 99's. They were both rifles used in a lot of the old gun and hunting magazines I looked at growing up-dreaming of hunting deer, moose, or elk in the great outdoors. I'll take any 8/81 or 99 over any plastic/laminated stocked rifle made today with pressed steel parts with anodized receivers and barrels. No comparison IMO!