Greetings from Virginia

New Member Introductions
RedFlannelCap

Greetings from Virginia

Post by RedFlannelCap »

I’m pretty new to Model 8’s and brand new to any online forum, but I wanted to introduce myself. A few years ago I bought my first Model 81, and because of this forum, now I’ve got two of them! Both are Early Type FBI rifles but they were not marked as such when I bought them- I figured that out from this website. Pictured below, they are 1941 and 1942 manufacture. They both shoot great with handloads and are solid 2 moa guns. There are a couple of curious differences between them that I’ll ask about as I get more familiar with the forum.

From pictures I always thought the Model 8 was fascinating- in my mind’s eye it was always in grainy black & white photos of deer camp, with smiling faces gathered around the day’s harvest. I had never actually seen or handled one until I bought the first one I ever saw, and now because of this forum, I also bought the second one I ever saw. From reading the various forums here, I think I’ll fit right in!

My other shooting interests are competitive highpower rifle- I have shot at Camp Perry OH many times. More recently I’ve taken up skeet as a lightweight, more social alternative where you can more easily bring newbies along.

Anyway, that’s my story. Thanks for publishing such a great website I’m looking forward to being a part of it.

Merry Christmas to all!
Attachments
2813E56B-2805-49EE-A586-A06A13659274.jpeg
2813E56B-2805-49EE-A586-A06A13659274.jpeg (555.18 KiB) Viewed 4091 times
Phyrbird

Re: Greetings from Virginia

Post by Phyrbird »

You Rascal :!: :!: :!: :evil: Two FBIs, just a few years apart :mrgreen:
Only ones I've seen was at Jack's, a couple online that should have been mine, but others wanted them more of course.
Any way welcome to our community, if you ever need one of the takedown bolts for your Ladies I probably got the only one not on a rifle. Beware these rifles get a hankering for their relatives, You Will Get More :lol:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Welcome to the board.

Two FBI Models, be still my heart! Look forward to more posts from you.
81police

Post by 81police »

starting your collection out on top! Hard to beat. Love the FBI guns.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
CalFed

Post by CalFed »

Very Nice!