Another New Guy

New Member Introductions
greg

Another New Guy

Post by greg »

Hi All,

Not really new to the Remington auto loader as I had an 81 in 300S when I was in my 20s. This rifle was stolen and it was not replaced until recently, 40 years later. This last summer I had the pleasure of shooting my brother's mdl 8 in 32. I had such a great time shooting and developing cast bullet loads for his 32, that I recently purchased a mdl 81 in 30 Rem for myself. The good folks who support this site have been instrumental in helping me disassemble my rifle for inspection/clean/lube and to better understand functionality of this great rifle. Initial load development on my 30 has been promising and I'll be putting a Lyman tang sight ('cause I can't find a Redfield 102N) on the rifle shortly and seeing what this rifle can really do with sights that I can better see. Also looking forward to sharing those new ownership experiences with the group where pertinent. Thanks to all that have helped get me this far.

greg
jack1653

Re: Another New Guy

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Greg,

Welcome to the forum. Always good to have anotherfan of these springpoles join the group and share some stories. Some good guys here thatare willing to help when asked. We would like to see some pictures of your rifle!

Regards,

jack1653
Phyrbird

Re: Another New Guy

Post by Phyrbird »

Greg
Send me an email @ the sight, perhaps I can help.

Carlsandage@yahoo.com
Phyrbird
SOKY