New from MI

New Member Introductions
Rwc1972

New from MI

Post by Rwc1972 »

Hey I’m Rob from MI

I inherited my grandfathers old 35 Remington 81 Woodmaster hunting rifle. Think this rifle was produced in 1937 from the serial number. As soon as I can get it broke down I’m going to hopefully take it deer hunting this fall if it’s in good working order. It’s a little beat up but in decent shape. If anyone has info where I can get the barrel breakdown tools please let me know. My buddies a gunsmith and said we could probable make something. Like to see what you guys use. Tried to post a pic said to large . I’ll try to resize and post one.
81police

Re: New from MI

Post by 81police »

Welcome Rwc1972! Sounds like you have a very nice inheritance there. It's possible to make your own tools, but if your gunsmith can come up with something quality, well there's nothing wrong with that!

I have several sets of tools that I use depending on the condition of the rifle, but unfortunately they are no longer manufactured.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Rwc1972

Re: New from MI

Post by Rwc1972 »

Thanks. I contacted Remington and they just gave me a few places to contact. Hopefully can figure something out. I know the gun hasn’t been fired since the early 80’s. My buddy said it look like it’s in good shape just want to make sure.