New Member Introductions
Trem

Post by Trem »

Hello all! Thanks for having me on your forum! Anyway, my grandfather bought a new Remington model 81 in 1946.He topped it with a Williams mount and a Lyman Alaskan scope,still in use today! Anyway, I have a model 8 that has a registration card with the gun serial number on it and letter to the original owner. Gun was also in John Henwoods last book. Just wondered if that made the gun worth more? Also still have my Great Grandfathers old model 8. Thanks!
Hardrada55

Re: New member

Post by Hardrada55 »

I believe that any time you can show provenance or documentation which adds to the history of a gun, you come out way ahead.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
Trem

Post by Trem »

Yep, it's nice when you can get paper work with them. It doesn't happen very often.
northcountrygent

Post by northcountrygent »

Welcome Trem! Would that happen to be short for that great French/Canadian name Tremblay? It's cool that you have your Granddad and Great Granndad's guns. Do you still shoot them? What page is it on in J. Henwood's book?
81police

Post by 81police »

Welcome!!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator