Hello to all

New Member Introductions
KRCHNC

Hello to all

Post by KRCHNC »

I'm working on a model 8 in 30rem made in 1924. It was my fathers first gun and the only info I could ever get was it would fire once then jam badly. I fully disassembled the receiver for cleaning and took it out for test shots. It fires ejects and fails to feed repeatedly until the last round when it locks open. And it just has me baffled thanks Korey :x
81police

Re: Hello to all

Post by 81police »

the magazine spring may be installed backwards. Just one idea.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
KRCHNC

Post by KRCHNC »

Thank you. That is one thing I didn't disassemble I will check that out. I was also trying to come up with possible causes can...
1) recoil spring in barrel shroud be the issue

2) magazine side spring be holding the round to deep in the magazine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

I agree with 81police. You do not have to take the rifle apart to reverse the magazine spring. It not real hard but a little tedious. Push the follower down just a little into the magazine and tilt the side of the follower just enough to allow it to clear one side and it will popout.

Recoil spring is not the issue and if the shells have been feeding okay, it won't be the side springs on the magazines. The only issues with side springs generally occur if the top gets spread out just a bit, then the shell will not stay in the magazine.

Regards,

jack1653
KRCHNC

Post by KRCHNC »

That seams to have been the problem only had three rounds to test but it ate them without complaint. I'll report back after I load some back up and test more extensively. Thanks guys