Howdy!

New Member Introductions
FourFans

Howdy!

Post by FourFans »

New guy, et al.

I am here to learn about the model 8 and 81, I've been looking for a rifle for several years, and yet to find one that isn't really beat up. I have been around quite a few of the gun forums, and find that well run communities focused on a small niche like the 8/81 are outstanding. To the guys that run this place, thanks. To the members who put forth the effort to keep the knowledge base going, thanks as well.

I am a proud USAF guy and an old school Colorado native. Gun interests range from the practical to historical, my favorites are my Springfield Trapdoor, M1917, Garands, ARs & SCARs, and traditional archery. My family also enjoys similar endeavors, to include bird and big game hunting. Everybody loves pictures, so see below.

Phyrbird

Re: Howdy!

Post by Phyrbird »

Big Country, Big Welcome
A cute Ruger, is it a 22? I may have one to match.
Some of us trade, but very carefully. Some of the online guys (auctions) are nice. Quite a few are not so forthcoming. My best finds are at the small local shows. Stay alert....
You know we have elk season here in eastern Kentucky, your herd has been transplanted.... Come and see.
Lots of whitetail here in south/central Ky too.
Phyrbird
SOKY
81police

Post by 81police »

that's some gorgeous country there! Welcome!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
FourFans

Post by FourFans »

Phyrbird wrote:Big Country, Big Welcome
A cute Ruger, is it a 22? I may have one to match.
Some of us trade, but very carefully. Some of the online guys (auctions) are nice. Quite a few are not so forthcoming. My best finds are at the small local shows. Stay alert....
You know we have elk season here in eastern Kentucky, your herd has been transplanted.... Come and see.
Lots of whitetail here in south/central Ky too.
44 mag.

Thanks!
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

NIce, then you'd like my convertible Blackhawk, 45acp, 45C, 45 SCH, 45AR, and 45 WM.
It's sudden death on Miller pony bottles.
Phyrbird
SOKY