New Here … Greetings from Northeast Ohio!

New Member Introductions
NEOhio Ed

New Here … Greetings from Northeast Ohio!

Post by NEOhio Ed »

Hi all …

I just acquired a Model 8 in a trade. I'm a little of a gun collector, but not really any sort of formal theme, just what piques my fancy at any given time, hence the trade for the Model 8.

I have been aware of them for some time, and have also been a bit of a big bore fan, and have found the .35 Remington delightfully quirky, in an old school sort of way.

Mine is made in 1927? (sn 550xx), and comes with a weaver kv5 scope. As a lefty, the scope is not all that handy, but it is the only sight on it, the iron rear sights missing. I can see that using the irons would be very useful, as the weaver is offset. I wonder if anybody could point me to a good place to get one of those Redfield rear peep for not too much $$. Even the original blade would be useful as well.

Anyway, this is the first forum/site I have joined, although I am guilty of lurking around any number of other sites for years, but it seems this weapon draws relatively reasonable and sane folks, and I get a friendly sort of feeling about this group.

If anybody wants to contact me, my email is neohioed51@yahoo.com

I would post a picture, just give me a little time (help?) to get oriented as to how to do that. I'm not exactly entirely up to speed in terms of technology. Perhaps that is the draw of this rifle...
Sarge756

Re: New Here … Greetings from Northeast Ohio!

Post by Sarge756 »

Ed, Welcome from N.E. Florida.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Texas by God

Post by Texas by God »

Welcome. I also lurked awhile before jumping in. Look up Gary Fellers for your sights. Leave him a message he'll call you back in a few days and probably can fix you up. I just fired a 4 shot 100yd group that spanned 3"(barrel sights) with my reloads for my .300 Sav model 81. Yes they get it done in style!
NEOhio Ed

Post by NEOhio Ed »

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate that, and I will give Mr. Fellers a look. Thanks.
81police

Post by 81police »

Welcome!! :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator