Hi, all.

New Member Introductions
MTModel8

Hi, all.

Post by MTModel8 »

Been lurking for a short while now, and decided to jump right in. Picked up my first Model 8 back in July of this year, made in 1927. .35 Remington, of course (big fan of the .35 caliber, well, everything). Don't have much for pics of it, yet, so I hope you gents don't mind one taken with the ol' iPotato. ;)

Sat in a friend's safe, untouched, for at least two decades, if not three. Got to talking guns with him one day, and he said he heard that I liked the .35 Whelen. Thinking that's what he had, he brought it out. As soon as I saw it, I told him "everything's for sale for the right price, you know?" ;) So, I bought it, along with a set of RCBS dies, several boxes of the old red and green Kleenbore Remington ammo, and two boxes of 200gr round nose bullets. Hadn't planned on spending $500 that day, but I have a Model 8 now, and I'm pretty happy about it. The bore shines like a mirror, and what bluing that is missing is from a lot of carrying around elk country.

Bandersnatch

Re: Hi, all.

Post by Bandersnatch »

Getting all that for 5 bills is not what I would call a bad deal, particularly if the rest of that lady looks as good as the receiver.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
81police

Re: Hi, all.

Post by 81police »

An elk and a Model 8 is the classic duo via John Moses Browning. Glad you're enjoying the rifle and thanks for joining!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator