New member with a project Model 8

New Member Introductions
tater134

New member with a project Model 8

Post by tater134 »

Hi everyone! Just joined up recently after purchasing a fixer upper Model 8 in .32 Remington. My main collecting focus is WW1 Military rifles and handguns but I like older oddball guns as well. My Model 8 is going to need a little TLC and some parts to get it back to shooting condition so I'm sure I'll have some questions as I get to work on my project.
Adam Lee

Re: New member with a project Model 8

Post by Adam Lee »

Welcome!

Come on in and share the old Model 8/81 joy! Photos of these old girls always appreciated.... :mrgreen:

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
81police

Post by 81police »

We're glad to have ya Tater!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Johnhalf

Post by Johnhalf »

Welcome! What kind of problems are you looking at Tater? There are some good folks here who can help. And like Adam said "Photos of these old girls always appreciated...."

I suggest a search for the term "Jackitis" I did not heed the warnings but for you there may still be time!
"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." Jeff Cooper
tater134

Post by tater134 »

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I don't have any photos of the complete rifle yet but I will take some as soon as I get receiver back from my gunsmith.
Welcome! What kind of problems are you looking at Tater? There are some good folks here who can help. And like Adam said "Photos of these old girls always appreciated...."
Right now the biggest hurdle is fixing the broken action spring tube so its at the gunsmith to have the stub removed and a replacement fitted to the receiver. The rifle also will need a new buttstock and a rear sight. I've ordered a replacement stock so once its back from the smith all it should need is a rear sight and I should be ready to shoot as soon as I can track down reloading components.
tater134

Post by tater134 »

Update with some good news! While the receiver is still not back from the gunsmiths since they are very behind right now that doesn't mean I wasn't busy hunting for parts for my Model 8. I managed to pick up a rear sight at a gunshow yesterday for a very reasonable price and also purchased 35 rounds of .32 Remington. I also received an email that my replacement buttstock has been shipped so I should have the rifle back together and shootable in no time.