New Member, New Model 8 Owner

New Member Introductions
dave

New Member, New Model 8 Owner

Post by dave »

Complete Rookie here.

I roam around in upstate NY.

Thanks for the great website and posts.

I really got the Model 8 for my son, but until he is a bit older, it's all mine. I'll try to get some photos of the rifle up soon.

Have not been able to fire it yet, having a hard time finding ammo. Any tips on that subject would be greatly appreciated.
imfuncity

Re: New Member, New Model 8 Owner

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome... we were all rookies once. Care should be taken regarding the loneliness bug, these critters are herd rifles, another will want to be in your stable soon. ;)

Ammo is an issue but several keep having success at gun shows, what caliber are you looking for?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
dave

Post by dave »

.32 Cal.

I found a guy that said he had (3) boxes, but after reading a few reviews I am a bit skeptical of sending him a check for $70/box :shock: .
Last edited by dave on Tue May 06, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome Dave. Sounds like you are not a reloader so am going to extend an invitation for you to look into it. In the meantime the goal is to get you shooting your "new" model 8. I have a good supply of brass and components for 32 Rem. The brass is converted 30 rem brass that has been resized in a 32 rem sizer die. I`ll send you a PM with my email and feel sure we can get you shooting soon.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
81police

Post by 81police »

Hey Dave, congrats on the new-to-you Model 8. That gun is a classic Upstate NY / New England deer rifle. There are more vintage pictures of hunters from yesteryear with Model 8's from your area, than any other part of the country.

You may try these guys for new, loaded 32Rem ammo.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/32_Remington ... x?CAT=4445
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator