Hello Model 8 forum

New Member Introductions
Joe Snag

Hello Model 8 forum

Post by Joe Snag »

Hi,I love old Remingtons and own a few,I have one great model 8,so does my son ,father and brother in law.I live about 30 miles from where they were made here in NY illion.I do a lot of hunting in the Adirondacks but use an old 760 and 740.Rem
Heres my model 8 made in 1923.
VTRem35

Re: Hello Model 8 forum

Post by VTRem35 »

Great looking rifle!
Does anyone in your family currently hunt with their Model 8/81?
This year, mine will take it's first walk in the woods for deer since before 1962 (when it was purchased by my step-dad, who has never hunted deer with it)
You'd be a hero on this site if you could get a picture of your whole family with their Model 8'81's
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Joe Snag,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting the picture of your 1923. The rifle looks to be in very good condition. WE hope to hear more from you and feel free to ask us anything about these old spring poles.

Regards,

jack1653
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

Welcome to the forum, Joe.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
Fred

Post by Fred »

Great looking rifle, Joe! What's it chambered in?
Joe Snag

Post by Joe Snag »

VTrem,My dad hunted with his way back,i'll look for an old photo,I'll post a classic soon of my sons model 8 on his wedding day,

Fred,mine and my sons are .35 rem,my brother in laws is a .30.
I always have questions about old Remingtons..I also have a model 6,11,17,maybie a few more--!!
Joe Snag

Post by Joe Snag »

Here's mys sons wedding day,I'm holding his model 8,his might be an 81,it has a pistol grip,bucky has the 740,and Jay has a J.C Higigns
behind us are just a couple of the adironack white tails of his..and a muley
81police

Post by 81police »

Joe Snag thank you for joining our forums and posting these great pictures :D I'm a bit jealous, although I have never been to NY state I have flown over the Adironacks and thought what beautiful country to hunt in. Thanks for sharing your story friend.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome! Good to have another Joe aboard. That wedding must have been in the winter with the snow camo for the vests. Good looking guns,guys and deer mounts.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Joe Snag

Post by Joe Snag »

Hello,81police,the Adirondack if beautiful,1000's of Lakes ,rivers and mountains,deer hunting is fair due to a lack of browse but around the perimeter is very good,lots of bear and some moose,great brooktrout fishing,
sarge765,wedding was in late September with our winter camo vest,the 3 of us were ready to bow hunt in a few days,the wedding was on a large deck on a lake in the Adirondacks,I was casting out a plug from the deck till the paster came out and the fish were rising all over the place..
i'll check with Jay to see if he owns a model 8
Joe Snag

Post by Joe Snag »

I'm Back on the forum,,,,,Hope to post a pic soon of my new---old,,,,Model 81 with a 3 digit #
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

What do you think? Number two coming on board. Could it be another case of "jackitis" on the horizon? :lol: ;)

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

jack1653 wrote:What do you think? Number two coming on board. Could it be another case of "jackitis" on the horizon?
I think Joe Snag has caught the fever! Early mfg Model 8's are my favorite, let's see what ya got Joe!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator