Thanks for fueling a new addiction :)

New Member Introductions
krumme81krieger

Thanks for fueling a new addiction :)

Post by krumme81krieger »

This is my third attempt to post...hopefully I'll get it right this time! I just wanted to thank all of you for such a great site. I recently purchased two model 81s in .35 remington. The first I found on gunbroker...it turned out to be in such great condtion that I hated the thought of shooting it...it looks like it came right off of the new gun rack, plus its serial number is unique (to me, at least)...56681. This makes it exactly 1100 (the make of my favorite shotgun) units over what Remington claims is the last serial number, and the last two digits are the same as the model. When I got it, I immediately started looking around for another in slightly less pristine condition to shoot...thanks to the information I found on this site, I identified a Krieger conversion and got it for what I think is probably a pretty good price ($575). Although it is only about 85% on the receiver blueing and has a refinished stock, it is otherwise in great shape. I hoping to take a deer with it this coming weekend, and am looking forward to when I can purchase another 81 in 300 Savage and a Model 8 in 35 Rem. Seems to be an addictive model :) I would post pictures of my two new pickpockets if someone would tell me how.

Anyway, thank all of you again for sharing your knowledge...I love the way these guns handle and shoot and am really glad I came across this site.

Gregg

P. S. I am originally from St. Joseph, MO...next time I'm home I'm going to look around for a POE...who knows, stranger things have happened :)
Phyrbird

Re: Thanks for fueling a new addiction :)

Post by Phyrbird »

Who Was that Masked Man :?: :?:

What a deal :!:
Phyrbird
SOKY
81police

Post by 81police »

krumme81krieger, sounds like you're officially hooked! Welcome to the site and congrats on your recent finds. Should you manage to take a deer with your Krieger, please send photos our way as we'd all love to see them. If you're uncertain on how to post them, feel free to email me and I'll handle it for you. cat9x@hotmail.com
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
krumme81krieger

Post by krumme81krieger »

Thanks for confirming my hunch, Phyrbird...the Krieger seemed like a good deal at the time, but I am still pretty new at the game and wasn't sure what it might bring.

I'll be sure to send some photos, 81police, if I manage to bag anything this weekend.

On a related note, do you know of anyone who has tried fabricating 10 or 15 round mags for a Krieger by cutting and splicing a few orginal mags via MIG/TIG? Just wondered if anyone had tried.
81police

Post by 81police »

No, I've never heard of anybody doing this. I suppose you might have to fab a new magazine spring as well.

The standard 5 round box magazines aren't getting any cheaper these days either, but you never know, I've seen stranger things done to the 8/81 :shock:
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator