Thank you for a great site.

New Member Introductions
philh

Thank you for a great site.

Post by philh »

Just found the group. I love 8's and 81's. When I was a kid back in the 50's all of my dad's hunting buddies had them.
I have (4) 8's 25,30,32,&35 and (4) 81's 30,32,35, and 300 Savage.
I always take the Model 81 in 35 with me when I deer hunt, even though I have faster, and longer shooting guns, I can't leave on a hunting trip with out it.
Thanks to everyone for a great site.
Thank you
Philh
81police

Re: Thank you for a great site.

Post by 81police »

Philh,

We're glad to have you, and it sounds like you've got a well rounded collection. One for every caliber! NICE!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Apparently,you've already figured out how unruly these guns can be if they're not allowed to have roommates.
Welcome aboard,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
philh

Re: Unruly Remingtons

Post by philh »

I keep finding other guns pushed outside the safe. The group has accepted my old Model 11, It is allowed to stay. I think they are voting on the A5 tonight to see if it can stay.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Like :lol: (They'd better respect their ancestor, even if they were originally a fur'ner.)

BTW welcome, sounds like you're crazy 'nuff to fit right in.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey,I see you have a great sense of humor too. My auto 5 s were here at my place first, so the m-8/81 s have had to leave them alone, but I'm not so sure that they really trust those uppity Belgians. I'll be looking forward to future exchanges. Keep on shoot in those old rifles.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
philh

Post by philh »

Thank you Roger.
I really love the old things. I have loading dies for all of them, and make my 25 and 32 shells from 30 brass.
As I said one always seems to sneak into my stuff before I go hunting, camping, or just for a ride.
I just looked up all their birthdays, the oldest one is a Model 8 1911, The youngest one is the same age I am, it's a Model 81 1946.