Hello

New Member Introductions
TMB

Hello

Post by TMB »

My first rifle was a Model 8 30rem my dad gave me 35 years ago. I also have a Model 8 35rem I bought a couple years ago. Will the 35rem Leverevolution ammo hurt it?
keltg

Re: Hello

Post by keltg »

Hello TMB

the pressures that hornady load this ammo to is 31000 cup to 35000 cup which are all safe loads for the model 8 and model 81's. there shouldn't be any troubles using the leverevoultion ammo. if you are uncertain see if you can even get a couple rounds off someone and try one or two and check the primers for signs of excess pressures.
Smile makes others wonder what you are up to
Roger

Post by Roger »

Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place if you're interested in the rem. M-8/81. There are many helpful members here with a vast amount of knowledge to help you if you need it.
I've shot leverevolution ammo in very old m-8 s,and several m-81 s of all ages and been very pleased with the results.Both on paper and on deer. However ,I don't know anything'abou t your rifles conditions,so if you're concerned,then by all means have them checked out by a reliable gunsmith. But my gut instinct tells me that you won't have any trouble. They are built like tanks,that's the JMB way of doing it.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
TMB

Post by TMB »

Thanks for the replies guess I'll buy a box and try them out. My 35rem is in excellent condition.