New Member from down South

New Member Introductions
willin02

New Member from down South

Post by willin02 »

Hello, I was just given a Model 8 .35 by my step dad and have been quite amazed by this weapon. It was hard to find ammo locally, but I was fortunate enough to get one box of Remington 150 grain. This is really a sweet shooting rifle!
My name is Ricky, by the way, and am sure glad I found this site. It appears to have a fountain of info that I will surely need.
Oh, the serial number on mine is 63087, so if I'm not mistaken it was made in 1930??
Look forward to interacting with fellow owners.
jack1653

Re: New Member from down South

Post by jack1653 »

Hi Ricky,

Welcome to the forum. It is good to have another good ole southern boy join me. I am from Gerogia and where do you come from? You have found a great site and a good bunch of men who like the 8's and 81's. The 35 is a good gun and you can still find ammunition at reasonable prices.

If you have a way to send some pictures of your new rifle, we really would like to see them so we can "oh and ah" about them. If you have questions or comments, jump right in and someone will return a reply. Don't be bashful. Most of the guys will tell you that I ask some dumb questions and have radical ideas, but that is the way to learn. When you get to be 67 asking or requesting stupid things doesn't emabarrass me anymore. I love to generate conversation and I am sure to the regret of some of our faithful followers.

I hope to hear more from the new member down south.

jack1653
willin02

Post by willin02 »

Hey Jack1653,
Thanks for the reply and welcome. I'm from Mississippi and have been shooting all my life, but have never had any experience with this paticular weapon and caliber. I suppose I'll post on the model 8 forum and worry the devil out of folks with newbie questions!!

Thanks again for the welcome.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

willin02 wrote:I suppose I'll post on the model 8 forum and worry the devil out of folks with newbie questions!!
No worries mate, we were all newbies once too and some of us always will be - as we keep learning. Welcome and enjoy shooting the that .35 critter.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine