A new guy from the Adirondacks

New Member Introductions
fcjr53

A new guy from the Adirondacks

Post by fcjr53 »

I'am a new member to this forum. Joined Vintage Semi-Automatic forum last week . I can't believe the amount of information on these sites. Also the amount of people that collect these rifles. I own a 300 Savage model 81 Ser.#12669 (RJ). Just bought it 4 weeks ago, waiting for the weather to break so I can try it out. Right now I have some snow and temps around 7 degrees.Trying to learn all I can about this rifle. Also looking for a stripper clip ,keeping a eye on gun broker. With the recession alot of the gun shops have gone under. I once owned a 35 Remington model 8 in 1970 but sold it when I got out of the service. Still trying to figure how to post pictures.

Floyd
The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

John F. Kennedy
jack1653

Re: A new guy from the Adirondacks

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Floyd,

Welcome aboard. You are among a good group of guys who love their 8's and 81's. If you have questions, ask and someone will give you an answer. I have a lot of questions and I get good feedback.

A lot of the guys use photobucket to get their pictures posted. I have had difficulty getting it to work, but I think it is me and not the software. I personally use Piscas upload and have had no trouble at all.

We will look forward to hearing from you and seeing your rifle.

jack1653
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Floyd,

I forgot to mention that if you want a good resource on these rifles, buy John Henwood's book "The Great Remington Model 8 and 81". It has a wealth of information and is well illustrated.

Stripper clips are very hard to find. The last one I saw was going for $35. Good Luck.

Jack
81police

Post by 81police »

Welcome to the forum fcjr53 and Happy New Year!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator