From the PRK

New Member Introductions
imfuncity

From the PRK

Post by imfuncity »

Greetings guys. Been awhile. I joined a while back and over the months I’ve read most of the posts. Looks like all of the old crew is on board and many new ones, glad to see that. I’m a bit of a late comer but then I was to guns too, so nothing new.

Our son is still in the Army, our daughter is still fighting on the other end on Capital Hill. I continue to be unintentionally retired struggling with back issues and all the rest of the things that age brings with it. But, the wife and Lord have been good to me - I get to continue enjoying the smell of burn gun powder on our BLM range. That is, when it’s not 118 May - Sept. or 17 degrees as it was yesterday morning! Good Grief! We’re only at 300ft above sea level, what’s with all this?!!

Even though I’m on the left coast in PRK (People’s Republik of Kalifornia, I’ve been fortunate to find at least one 8/81 in each caliber which now provides me “my group” vs. a collection. I’ve continued my interest in Remington’s with an 870, 788 - 222, 7400 30-06, 141-35 and a very unique 121-22SB plus a Model 51 .380.

Look forward to reading (listening) and sharing again.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Hardrada55

Re: From the PRK

Post by Hardrada55 »

Good to hear from you again. Like to know what you think of the Model 51. I have a hankerin' for one, one of these days. Excellent looking pocket pistol. Hang in there with the back issues and being in the Bear state. I always thought it was such a pretty state with an enormous variety of types of land. I used to shoot at am improvised range on BLM land in Santa Fe.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
imfuncity

A beautiful State

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed, CA is a beautiful State, all that anyone could ask for. Recently the wife and I discovered the East side, a very nice step back in time - still two lane blacktop with many locations where they could and have filmed a lot of Westerns. But, unfortunately, the beautiful part does not apply to the mind-set of the politicians and those in power, their ignorance is only exceeded by their arrogance.

As to Model 51, I should have mentioned this here - I posted info regarding a nice one currently on Auction Arms. I have not been inside the Model 51 or the Colts but as for shooting, IMHO it shoots better than the Colt 1903; as nice as the sized down 1911 - Colt MKIV/ Series 80 Gov. Model; which feels like an extension of your hand. (I understand these were popular in Nam, especially w/ the pilots.)

Thanks for the well wishes, doing better then I have for some time.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine