Another newbie...

New Member Introductions
MasterAtArms

Another newbie...

Post by MasterAtArms »

Hello, all. My name is Dale, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I recently inherited an FN 1900 (the european brother of the Model 8) in .35 Remington that belonged to my uncle, and apparently my grandfather before him. I'm hoping I'll be able to find more information on this rifle through the discussions here.

I know it shoots very well... I fired it a few times back in the mid-80's, and actually outshot some much more modern (and even scoped) rifles at 100 yards with it. It is admittedly not likely to see much use in the near future. The region I live in is restricted to shotguns, blackpowder, or archery only during hunting season due to population density. Pity. I would have really liked to take it out for deer.
Hardrada55

Re: Another newbie...

Post by Hardrada55 »

Hello Dale. Nice to have you on the boards. There is some pretty good information on this website on the FN 1900. I'm sure we all would love to see a picture of your FN. Thanks for sharing.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
81police

Re: Another newbie...

Post by 81police »

MasterAtArms, welcome to the forum! Please do post pictures of your rifle, these are hard to find and we'd all love to check it out.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator