No longer on the outside looking in

New Member Introductions
cronicGAS

No longer on the outside looking in

Post by cronicGAS »

Hello members of the great model 8/ 81,
I have been on long time visitor of the forum and have enjoyed the wealth of information and enthusiasm out there for the rifles. I have longed to own one for sometime. Several the years ago the NFA published an article on the model 81. Looking at the photos in the article I immediately fell for it, much like I did when I first saw a corvette ('63 split). Needless to say my desires arrived today. May 1950, perfect wood and near flawless metal. The only question now is to take her for spin or leave her in the garage and marvel? Hope I fit in, I will get some pics up to share shortly.
Who would of known rust can be beautiful!
jack1653

Re: No longer on the outside looking in

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy and welcome aboard. We are glad that you decided to come on in. You will love the model 81. I encourage you to take the rifle out for some fun shooting. If you would post some pictures so we can see your pride and joy, we would appreciate it. If we can help with any questions that you might have about your rifle, just ask. There are a lot of members who are more than willing to offer help and advice.

Regards,

jack1653
81police

Post by 81police »

cronicGAS (great name by the way!)

Welcome aboard! You waited this long for your new ride, you gotta take her for a spin :D

We hope to see some photos of it someday.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Welcome aboard,to our forum. Yesterday I posted( at least I thought I did) a reply here and it didn't post. So today I'll try again. I always like to shoot every gun I buy. I'm not advocating that you hunt with a mint rifle,but some careful shooting at the range would be my choice. These guns were made to shoot. That's my opinion,and of course the real decision will be yours alone.
If you have any questions about your rifle just ask,because there are many helpful@ lnowledgable members here on this forum.

Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
cronicGAS

Post by cronicGAS »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Last gun season this way is 3rd Monday in November on Manitoulin Island. I pretty much had myself talked in to taking her for a walk once, at least for opening day. Quick meet and greet at the range, and then we'll let her get out and strech her legs! Look forward to posting something from her first harvest.
Who would of known rust can be beautiful!
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

Welcome to the board. :)
A lot of water under the bridge good and bad,
Bad when i did it my way, Good when i did it Gods way.

USAF-72-76
ranman

Post by ranman »

Welcome, it is a great site and you will get lots of good reading here. I think you should shoot your model 8, but i bet you cant shoot just one. :lol: