Another New Guy

New Member Introductions
panzerman

Another New Guy

Post by panzerman »

Just bought a Model 81 after a 40 plus year wait. Am excited to pick it up and continue my affair with it!
[b]Ride, shoot straight and speak the truth "Jeff Cooper"/b]
Sarge756

Re: Another New Guy

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome ! Sounds like a story here...40 year wait.. We like stories and pictures too. Glad to have you amongst us.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
panzerman

Post by panzerman »

Saw a promotional picture as a kid of a guy rounding a mountain trail corner and coming face to face with a grizzly, he was carrying a model 8 or 81 and from that time forward I was in awe of that rifle. Maybe it is a childhood thing but what the hell, plus it is in 300 Sav which my Mom was particularly deadly with when I was growing up. Looking forward to handloading some rounds and seeing what the old girl can do...the rifle not my Mom for those wise-asses waiting in the trees. :)
Roger

Post by Roger »

Welcome aboard,from one of the M-8/81 fanatics here on our forum. I have a large 1909 reproduction calender with that exact painting/picture on it. You are in the right place to exchange valuable info and products for the rem. 8/81 s.Good luck w/ your m-81. 300 Savage is a real thumper for deer hunting.If you need any help,just ask and one of our helpful members will be sure to assist you in any way they can,including myself.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
81police

Post by 81police »

welcome panzerman! :)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
panzerman

Post by panzerman »

Thanks to all! Roger, where did you find that calender?
Roger

Post by Roger »

Panzerman, I found it at a gunshow, here in desmoines about 5 or 6 yrs. Ago.Unfortunately I've never seen another one ,anywhere.Perhaps,someone here on the forum might be able to help you find one. Mine is still new in the original packaging.I don't believe I paid very much for it.Maybe 25-35 dollars.It's pretty big too and so cool that i probably would have paid alot more if needed.
Good luck in your search,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Roger

Post by Roger »

Panzerman,I forgot about this listing on gunbroker.com. It's a metal sign,not the calender,but it's the same picture.
Take a look.
Thanks,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com