New to Forum

New Member Introductions
HeavyRevy

New to Forum

Post by HeavyRevy »

Hello everyone.

I'm not only new to the forum but new to the world of the model 8. My wife's father has been shooting them for 50+ years but he just recently introduced them to me. Being a machinist I was asked to help fix a few problems he encountered with an old .30 Model eight he had for 30+ years but never seemed to make work quite right. I'm glad to say she is making thunder again and not only bringing joy to him but to me as well. I'm looking forward to reading about the adventures of yours as well.

Sincerely,

Heavy Revy
jack1653

Re: New to Forum

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Heavy Revy,

Welcome to our forum. It is always good to welcome a new member who has just learned of the spring poles. It sounds like they have been around in your family for a number of years. I am glad to hear that you are a machinist. I wish that I had those skills and tools that are required to make replacement parts. It would sure make repair on these old rifles a lot easier. If yo have any questions, just let us know and we will try and give an answer.

Regards,
jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome, we look forward to you posting pictures of YOUR M8/81 - the disease is not cureable but can be held in check with regular purchases. ;)

I also have Sarge756 to blame for introducing me to my home when I'm home - 24HrCampFire - good things he is located more then a few clicks from my wife! :roll:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Roger

Post by Roger »

Welcome to our forum,there are many knowledgable members here who can usually answer most questions you may have. Being a machinist is a definite plus when it comes to keeping these old rifles working. correctly.
There are some really rare parts for these guns and for most of us, it's kind of a hard deal to find the right parts when they break or become too worn out to function correctly. Maybe you'll have less trouble since you can. probably make your own parts when needed. I'll'be looking forward to future exchanges of info here.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
81police

Post by 81police »

We're real glad to have ya Heavy, be cautioned though prolonged use of this forum may result in additional 8 & 81 purchases! :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator