Remington Model 8 Owner

New Member Introductions
Big Dooley

Remington Model 8 Owner

Post by Big Dooley »

Hello eveyone, Big Dooley here. Just wanted to post a picture of the very nice 1928 Model 8 I received for Christmas 2011 from my fiance'. It is chambered in 30 Remington and is in really nice shape for its age. I really enjoy seeing the other nice rifles posted on this forum and appreciate the help I have received finding information about mine. Hope eveyone has a great day! Thanks, Big Dooley.
Attachments
Small Model 8.jpg
Small Model 8.jpg (254.16 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
[b]Big Dooley[/b]
jack1653

Re: Remington Model 8 Owner

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Big Dooley,

Welcome to the forum. Is this the rifle that had the bent firing pin? I am glad that I was able to offer some assistance on that issue for you. There are a lot of good guys here that are always willing to offer help and suggestions. We look forward to your participation on the Forums.

Regards,

jack1653
Big Dooley

Post by Big Dooley »

Yes Jack, this is the rifle that had the bent firing pin. I posted a picture of the firing pin under my thread about the slam fire issue. I wanted this rifle the first time I saw it in my friend's local gun shop. Nice vintage rifles like this just seem to find their way into his shop. None of the other local dealers keep many older firearms but he and I share the same taste in older rifles and handguns. I was really surprised when my fiance' gave it to me for Christmas this past year. That makes it more special to me for sure. I have been very anxious to get the slam fire issue taken care of and I think I have it ready to go now. If the weather holds this weekend, I am going to try it out. I also ordered a new Glend Arms firing pin just to have on hand in case the old pin fails later on. Has anyone used the Glend Arms pins? I will report back on how it does since we corrected the bent pin. Thanks for all the information.
[b]Big Dooley[/b]
81police

Post by 81police »

Big Dooley,

That is a very nice looking, unaltered, Model 8. Your fiance picked a good one! Congrats on your upcoming wedding btw
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Big Dooley,
I love these old rem. M-8 's. Yours is a good one for sure . Have some fun this wkend. I'm fishing if it kills me.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Big Dooley

Post by Big Dooley »

I was able to get my rifle functioning properly and it is working great now. I am ready to start practicing with it so I can hunt whitetails with it this fall. I am really happy with my Model 8 and it will never be traded or sold as long I as I am living. For details on the slamfire issue it had to start with, check out my thread under the Q&A section titled Model 8 Slamfires. Thanks for the comments. This is a great forum. Have a nice day.
[b]Big Dooley[/b]