New to model 8s

New Member Introductions
1930#8

New to model 8s

Post by 1930#8 »

I just picked up a Remington model 8 in 30 rem. Just a very good looking gun. Had a price of 350 on it. When i asked the guy about it he said that it was from an estate. He also said it came with about 7 boxes of ammo. That was the deal maker.
The only problem is the rear sight is missing the little adjustment insert and screw. If anyone can give me a lead on the
parts I would be greatful
81police

Re: New to model 8s

Post by 81police »

Congrats on your new-to-you Model 8! I think you landed a fantastic deal on it too considering the 7 boxes of ammo. Try either of the two email addresses below, these guys seem to have parts frequently.

Bob
circlebranch@cox.net

Pete
prverschneider@energysolutions.com
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

Welcome to the site. Your in the right place with a new Model 8 to feed and care for. :D
If you don't find what you are looking for here keep an eye on E-Bay under vintage gun parts. I have found several good sights and parts for same there for my 8 and 81's.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey 1930#8,

Welcome to the forum and the world of the springpoles. You have already been bitten by these rifles and you will be wanting more. :o You will find your parts if you are patient. We hope that you will feel free to ask for any help you might need. We like pictures so if you can share some with us we will be most appreciative. :D

Regards,

jack1653
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Indeed - Welcome. Pictures! (In lieu of a touchy-feely greetup! ;) )
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
1930#8

Post by 1930#8 »

Thanks for the very warm welcome. as soon as I can figure out how to load pics I will do it.
What a wonderful place for a guy to share a passion for the well made. :D
1930#8

Post by 1930#8 »

Thanks for the welcome and the great info. I did find a good rear sight on ebay. fit perfectly! All I need to do now is go put a pile of lead down the barrel an sight this baby in. Still need to post pics. Thanks again, always looking for another one.
ctgodog

Post by ctgodog »

Ditto on the welcome.....

Glad to hear that you found the rear site for your new 30 Rem. That is a pretty important part of a functional rifle. Have fun sighting it in. It's great that you got the seven boxes of ammo for it. I was able to pick up seven or eight boxes of 30 Rem last summer. I am always looking for it everywhere I go....gun shows, gun shops, etc....

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
olskool

Post by olskool »

you also can type in on ebay remington model 8 and most model 8 parts will come up.
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............